Sunday, May 1, 2016

Looking for Perfection

My idea of fun/relaxation is making cards. This past week I made a set of 8 to give as a gift, and I was pleased with how they turned out.  Here are a few of them:


This was my absolute favorite:


And I liked this:



But now I am in the midst of a dilemma.   My Dad's birthday is this week and I am fairly (but not entirely)  certain this will be his last birthday.   I so badly want to make him a perfect card.  It's important to me.  But I greatly struggle with making masculine cards.  I made the card below for him, but it is miles from perfect.  It made me cry.  I have time to try again, but I fear I will fail.

I know perfection is an unreasonable expectation, but I hope I can at least create something I am pleased with.  I know Dad will appreciate anything because he's my Dad, but for some reason I need to be unashamed of this, his last birthday card.  So, yes, I am looking for perfection.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a very touching card, with all the memories woven in. I have tried card making and not done as well as I thought I should!

    ReplyDelete