Monday, September 8, 2014

Fish or cut bait

I think it's time I either write or quit blogging.  I'm going to try to write something every day.  If I cannot come up with anything to say I'll quit.

We are dealing with mice again.  The evidence tells us this house was infested before we moved in.  Therefore, when our lease is up we will be moving again.  That, unfortunately, is still 6-1/2 months away.  Nevertheless we have begun looking at houses, thinking we will buy again rather than rent.  We found a house that seemed perfect.  It had the exact number of rooms we want, a layout we liked and a nice swimming pool.  As we walked through the interior we were becoming more and more convinced that this was the house for us.  So we began carefully inspecting the back yard and pool.  Then, just as we were concluding that this house was darn near perfect, our realtor turned in the paperwork to the page titled "Seller's Disclosures" (or something to that effect.). There, in the seller's own handwriting, was the revelation that they "had" a mouse infestation. (Now resolved, they claim.) That was the end of that love affair!

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that I get vicious if mice are around. In France we could buy an anti mouse/rat tablet that we put in the attic, they ate it and died. I have no time for humane traps, mice are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better mice than snakes! Hope you find something fabulous. You always have the most beautiful houses.

    ReplyDelete